How To Setup Hp eprint Feature in Your Hp OfficejetPro 9018
Link HP OfficeJet Pro 9018 printer to HP smart application to get your own printer email address which would need for you to send mail to your printer to print the documents and photos. You can add attachments up to 10MB. Simply open the email you received and forward to the printer email address from HP ePrint setup.
How to Get the Printer email Address
To get the HP OfficeJet Pro 9018 printer email address, finish the basic setup process such as loading paper and ink cartridge installation. Then turn on the web service in your printer for HP ePrint email setup. For that press the HP ePrint icon and click the setup option. Then follow the online instruction to continue the HP ePrint setup. You can note down the printer email address from the printer display. Or you can print the info page to find the email address in it. If you don’t find the email address yet, you can repeat the process. This is how we setup HP ePrint email.
HP ePrint Wireless Setup
- Initially try restarting your router. You can use wireless setup wizard option in your printer to connect to the wireless network.
- Then make sure your firewall settings are preventing the connections.
- Check if the printer and the computer connected to the same wireless network.
- Then place your printer and computer close to the router within the range of 6 ft.
- And remove ant radioactive materials or devices in between the router and the printer.
- HP supports 2.4 GHz router band.
- Make sure the wireless light is on and not blinking.
How to Setup HP ePrint Mobile Printing
You can use ePrint to print from mobile and tablet. Android, iPhone, iPad and iPod support ePrint setup. You can send email from the mobile to printer using the email address you got from network print info page.
- Open the document or photo that you want to print.
- Next click the action or share icon.
- From the drop down choose email option.
- In the TO field enter the printer email address.
- Then fill the subject line and click send.
Printer Network Connection Troubleshooting – Not Working
HP ePrint setup instructions for common network issues you will face during the ePrint setup. You can enter the IP address in the control panel of your HP OfficeJet Pro 9018 printer to establish the connection.
HP ePrint Firewall Settings
When you are facing difficulties printing with HP ePrint, make sure your firewall is not creating the issue. To check the settings, you can follow the below steps.
- Using HP print and scan doctor, you can temporarily disable the firewall settings. Initially download HP print and scan doctor application.
- Then click the network tab. And choose “Troubleshooting firewalls” option. You can choose the firewall name from the list and click the disable button.
HP ePrint Firewall Settings for Windows Defender
Initially go to the printer control panel. Then choose System and security. Choose Windows Defender Firewall. Next select “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” to see the list of programs allowed. Make sure the HP programs allowed. Then confirm the HP ports have rules. You can also create rules for HP missing port.
HP ePrint Firewall Settings for AVS or Avast or Avira or McAfee
You can go the manufactures direct website and change the firewall settings. Set the firewall setting to medium. Then set your network as the trusted one. After that make sure the HP programs are not blocked and listed as trusted sites. Make sure your firewall settings are not changed from the default one. Update the software to the latest version. Then lastly check if the HP ports are not blocked. You can also create rules for your HP ports.
HP ePrint Router Settings
First make sure there are no metal objects in the path of the router signal which can obstruct the signal strength. No radio emitting signals placed in between the router and the printer. Make sure the printer and computer placed within the range of 6 ft. Since the signals get weaker with the increase in distance. You can restart the router or contact the manufacturer for further information. Next check the router settings it works between 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz. But HP operates in 2.4 GHz.
How to Change HP ePrint Mail Address
You have to navigate to HP Connected account. Next choose your printer. Then click change settings option. Next under ePrint Settings tab, choose printers current email address. You can enter the ePrint email address in the input box and click “submit”. If the address available it will update immediately. If not you can try entering the new ePrint address.
How to Change HP ePrint Mail Address - HP ePrint Setup?
- First open Devices and Printers.
- Then right click the printer icon.
- Next choose the printer properties
- After that click the Advanced Tab.
- Now choose Printing Defaults button.
- Then click Advanced Button.
- After that choose print in gray scale off under Printer features tab.
- Then click “on” and click “apply”.