How To Send Fax From Hp OfficejetPro 8624 Fax Setup
HP OfficeJetPro 8624 printer can send and receive fax. This includes color fax too. If you set up the phone book contacts, you can send and receive fax easy and quick. You can adjust the color, brightness and resolution before sending the fax.
Basic Fax Setup Instructions - OfficeJetPro 8624 Fax Setup
Initially you will need DSL modem, telephone answering machine and HP OfficeJetPro 8624 printer. Now remove any network cable or telephone devices from the phone jack. Next plug a Phone line splitter into the phone jack. Then plug one end of the phone cord to the phone line splitter. You can connect the other end of the phone cord to the line port of the DSL modem.
Now plug a DSL filter in the other port of the splitter. Take another phone cord. Connect one end to the DSL filter. The other end to the 1 line port of the rear of the printer. Then connect one end of another phone cord of the telephone answering machine into the 2-EXT port of the printer. Now connect the telephone answering machine to the telephone.
How to Optimize the Fax Sending in HP Printer - OfficeJetPro 8624 Fax Setup?
You can lower the fax speed to avoid the loss of data during the transaction process. You can set the rings higher than the normal duration on your telephone answering machine. Then turn off the error correction mode to resolve the fax connection issues. Set the auto answer option to automatically receive incoming faxes.
Sending Fax from the Windows
One can send fax directly from your computer before printing it from the printer. But make sure you have downloaded the HP OfficeJetPro 8624 printer from the HP official website. And the fax line is working properly.
- First open the document you want to print.
- Next in the printer software click File.
- Then click Print option in the file menu.
- Now in the Name list choose the printer with fax in its name.
- Go to properties, Options, Printer setup and preferences to change the settings.
- After that click ok, once you change all the settings.
- Now enter the fax number of the recipient and click fax for HP OfficeJetPro 8624 fax setup.
Sending Fax from the macOS
Before starting the fax operation in your macOS, make sure the HP OfficeJetPro 8624 printer software is up to date. Next open the document that needs to fax from your computer. Then in the file menu choose print option. Now select the printer that has Fax in its name. You have to enter the fax number. And once again check all the details and click Fax option.
Sending Fax from the Phone
Load the print side down on the scanner glass. If you are loading in the document feeder, load it with the print side up.
- You have to dial the fax sending number from the dial pad of the telephone connected to the printer.
- In the printer control panel touch fax.
- Then click “send now” option.
- When all the preparation is over, click Black or Color button.
- You can talk over the phone and as soon as the phone hung up the fax being transmitted.
Keep in mind you can talk to recipient once the fax finished transmitted. You can inform the fax recipient that they have to receive fax once they hear the fax tone.
How to Send Fax to Multiple Recipients - OfficeJetPro 8624 Fax Setup?
First load the document with the print side down on the scanner glass. Then in the printer control panel click Fax option. And click Send Now option. Now select the Phone Book option. Then choose Group option. Now press the name of the group you want to send. Finally click Send Fax option.
Receiving Fax Manually - OfficeJetPro 8624 Fax Setup
Initially finish all the printer basic settings. Make sure your printer is loaded with paper. If your document feeder has any documents in it remove them. Tell your fax sender to press the Send on your fax machine. You can set the Rings to Answer to high number. You can turn off the Auto Answer option which can avoid answering the calls while you are receiving the fax.
- In the HP OfficeJetPro 8624 printer control panel choose fax.
- Then click Send and receive.
- Now click Receive now option.
- Once the printer begins to receive the fax you can hang up or remain on the phone.
- While receiving the fax, the phone line remains silent.
123.hp.com/ojpro8624 - Fax Setup
Sending Fax from the Printer Control Panel
- Initially load the print side of the document facing the scanner glass.
- You can also place the print side facing upwards in the document feeder. In HP OfficeJetPro 8624 printer control panel, click Fax.
- Then enter the fax number.
- You can also choose the recipient from the phone book.
- Finally click Black or Color option.
How to Send Fax using Monitor Dialing Process - OfficeJetPro 8624 Fax Setup?
In monitor dialing process, if you are using a calling card to send a fax, you can use the stored PIN. For this when prompted to enter your PIN, click phone book and choose Contact option. To select the phone book and choose PIN stored.