How to Get HP Envy 6475 Printer Online from Offline Issue?
This problem or error may rise because of basic problems like improper network connection and poor electrical connection. The printer turned off or disconnected from the computer. Besides the IP address might have changed. Your printer might be in an offline state from HP printer offline error.
Quick Steps to Troubleshoot HP Printer Offline Error
- Initially try to set your printer to online. For that go to settings and then Printers.
- Now right click on the printer icon and click use printer online option.
- Next double click on the printer icon and click cancel all documents.
- Printer may go offline because of something stuck in the printer.
- Reboot your HP printer, computer and router. In your computer go to settings and choose printers.
- Then select properties. In the General tab choose driver button.
- Now delete the driver and reinstall it from the HP printer official site.
HP Envy 6475 Constantly Goes Offline and Disconnects from the Network
The reason behind the problem is mostly because of the firewall issue. It Is not about the software driver , cable connection or router problem. You can set a static IP address on your printer to avoid the switching of address and prevent HP printer offline error. In your printer go to menu, setup and network. Then inside the network menu click Network Configuration Page. The page contains the IP address.
You have to enter the IP address in the web browser of your computer. In the following page choose setup, network and click ok. Now click manual instead of choosing automatic. Make sure you are out of routers DHCP range. Then click save changes and restart your computer to start printing. In printers and faxes right click on the printer and choose properties. You can read the hostname from the Network Configuration sheet.
Solved: HP Envy 6475 Goes Offline But It Is Not
- Initially reboot your printer and then wait for the printer to finish restarting.
- Make sure your HP Envy 6475 printer connected to power supply.
- And connected to stable network connectivity. If it is connected there is green blinking light in the printer.
- Log in to your computer using Manage Printers option. In most cases local admin account is sufficient.
- You have to click Start button and choose Devices and Printers option.
- Next right click on the printer icon and choose see what’s printing
- It will display the spooler window. Now click the printer and select “Use Printer Offline” to remove the check mark.
- Then close the spooler window and navigate to Devices and Printers option.
- After that download the latest printer driver from HP official website.
- Finally restart the printer and computer to see if HP printer offline error has solved.
How to Fix HP Envy 6475 Offline Error in Mac System?
First make sure your HP printer is on. If your printer is in sleep mode press the power button to turn it on. Make sure your printer is loaded with sufficient amount of paper, ink cartridges and without any blinking LED lights. Restart the printer and if the HP printer offline error still exists then follow the below steps.
- Initially click the Apple menu of your mac system and choose system preferences option.
- Then choose print and fax or printers and scanners option. Right click inside the printers window.
- And choose Reset printing system option. After that click Reset in the confirmation window.
- You have to enter the admin password and name to start the process.
- Once the printer resets re add your printer to the queue and start printing.
Why is My HP Envy 6475 Says it is in Offline and What to do?
To fix HP printer offline error in Envy 6475 printer follow the below steps.
- Start with turning off the smart install. Then do power reset and check the connection with the printer and computer.
- Download HP print and scan doctor application. You have to manually set the default print driver.
- Then make sure your printer connected to the network. Make sure the printer offline option is not turned on.
- And check your network connection settings are not recently changed. You must select the correct port in your computer.
- Now uninstall the printer software and driver from your computer.
- Finally connect your printer to other computer to see if it is working or not.
Troubleshoot HP Envy 6475 Offline Error in Windows
Initially turn on your printer power and the power light is bright. Then check your blue color wireless LED light is steady and not blinking. Download the HP print and scan doctor to troubleshoot the network related issue. Restart your printer and computer. In the windows search for printers and choose Printers and scanners option. If you are connected with USB cable, remove it and reconnect. In case if you are using wireless connection, restart your router to see if your error has solved or not. You can try printing a network configuration page to see if you are wirelessly connected to your computer and router. Uninstall the printer software for HP Envy 6475 printer from system and reinstall it from the HP official website to see if it can fix HP printer offline error.