How to Connect HP Deskjet d2660 to MacBook Air?
Most of the macOS and iOS support AirPrint. To start the process you have to connect your HP Deskjet d2660 printer to network. For that follow the below steps and connect HP DJd2660 to MacBook .
- Initially connect the HP Deskjet d2660 printer to the wireless network same as that of the mac computer. Now press and hold the wireless button on the printer until you see the wireless light begins to blink.
- Then connect the USB cable to the rear of the printer port and to the USB port on the computer. Next open the document or photo that you want to print. Then click File and click Print.
- Now click the printer name in the available printer name list. If you don’t find your printer name, search it under the Nearby Printers heading.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps for HP DJd2660 to MacBook Air
- First turn on your MacBook Air, HP Deskjet d2660 printer and the router.
- Next check whether your printer and computer connected to the same wireless network.
- You have to enter the correct network password that is SSID and Network Security Key.
- After that place the router like it is nearer to your printer.
- And remove any obstacles between the router and printer for connecting HP DJd2660 to MacBook Air.
Quick Steps to Connect to MacBook Air
- Once you finish connecting your MacBook Air to wireless network.
- Add the AirPrint printer to the Mac printer queue. Now click the Apple menu and choose System Preferences option. Then choose print and fax or printer and scanners option.
- If you see your printer name delete the name.
- Then re-add the printer to confirm the AirPrint setup.
- If you don’t see your printer name in the list, click the plus symbol.
- Then click printer and scanners option to add your printer to the queue.
- Now confirm AirPrint in the Use menu and click Add.
- Open the document or photo, click File and click ok.
How to Connect HP DJd2660 to MacBook Air using IP or Host Name?
Initially you have to get your HP printer IP address. Then download and install the HP Deskjet d2660 printer driver software from HP official website. Now click on the Apple symbol on the corner of the mac system. Next click System preferences option. Then click the Printers and Scanners option. After that click the plus symbol to add the printer. You can see a new window get opening. Click on the IP icon and enter the IP address. Now add your printer to the computer. You can print a test page to confirm the printer functionality.
How to Add HP DJd2660 to MacBook Air that is Already Running in OS X 10.7?
If you use the Software CD that came with the printer you may get unsupported Operating System message. If you install OS X 10.3, 10.4, 10.5, or 10.6 software in OS X 10.7, you will get this error. Remove the error by downloading the latest HP printer software.
- Initially turn on your HP Deskjet d2660 printer. Next connect your printer to network through wired or wireless network.
- Now click the Apple menu and choose System Preferences option. Then click Print and Scan option.
- After that choose Add Printers option.
- You can select the software to download in your mac system.
- Next click Add to start the download and setup process.
How to Solve Mac Catalina OS Issues on HP Deskjet d2660?
HP Easy scan is currently not compatible with MAC Catalina. You can use HP Smart app or Apple Image capture application. If you still face the issue try to troubleshoot wireless or wired network issues. Then try updating the HP printer firmware. Check for the available printer software update and do it to connect HP DJd2660 to MacBook Air .
What To Do when HP Deskjet d2660 Wont Connect to Mac?
Initially try removing your printer. Next read your printer to the mac system. You can do that from the preferences tab and followed by printers and scanners option. If you still can’t find your printer then try the USB connection. Once the wireless connection established you can remove the USB connection.