123.hp.com/setup 412 – Get your setup finished with easy steps
123.hp.com/setup 412 - HP Ink Tank 412 Highlights
- The printer has best printing quality with darker, crisper text and has more colors. You can get more pages for low cost per page with Genuine HP ink.
- And you can get spill free system with our specially designed ink tank system. Also the printer saves electricity because it got the energy star certification and Auto Off technology.
- One can easily print with HP Smart app. The printer can do print, copy, scan, color scanning and produces borderless print.
123.hp.com/setup 412 - Basic printer setup process
- Initially use a paper cutter to open the printer box. Inside the box you can get setup guide, reference guide, two print heads, product information sheet, ink bottles, repacking guide and the software installation CD.
- You can also install the printer software from 123.hp.com/setup 412 if you misplace the CD or want to update the printer software. The box also contains the power cord and USB cable.
- After setting aside all the things in the printer box open the package cover around the printer. And remove all the protective cover around the printer and inside the scanner bed. Remove all the blue tapes around the printer.
- Inside the printer input tray there is packaging materials; carefully remove those to prevent the paper jam error in the future. Next take out the power cord and connect it to the printer and direct wall outlet. Press the power button to power on the 123.hp.com/IT412 printer.
Filing ink tanks and installing print heads
- First take the ink bottles out of the package. Open bottle and remove the protective cover inside the bottle and close the bottle.
- Now Open the ink tank cover and open the cap of the bottles. Now fill the tank by inverting bottle in the ink tank. Fill the ink tank until the maximum marking on the ink tank.
- While filling the ink tank don’t squeeze the bottle and after filling the bottle remove the bottle close it and save it in a safe place for future purpose.
- Next process is to install the print heads. For that open print head package and remove the orange tab in the print head and remove the orange tab around the print head.
- After removing the orange cover don’t touch the copper contacts which results in poor electrical contacts and low print quality.
- Then open the printer exterior door and then print head access door. Once you open you can see orange protective cover under the blue latch remove that.
- After that insert the print head properly in the respective slot. Do not remove print head once it gets installed.
- Then pull out the input tray and load it with undamaged and fresh stack of paper. Before inserting adjust the paper width guide and load the paper. You can see a blinking P in the printer control panel.
- Then press the paper icon on the control panel for three seconds. You can see P turned to A. After that take alignment page and scan in the printer scan bed and press the color copy button.
- You can see the zero in the printer control panel. Finally download the printer software from 123.hp.com/IT412 .
Replacing the print heads of HP Ink Tank 412
Initially make sure your 123.hp.com/IT412 printer is on. Then open the printer main door and print head access door.
After that press and hold the black color copy button in the control display for three seconds until the carriage moves.
And push down the blue latch to open the print head out of the slots. Then push down the cartridge to remove them from the slot. Take out the new print head from the package. Don’t open the print head unless you are ready to install them in the printer.
And remove the orange color plug around the cartridge and other protective cover. Then keep in mind not to touch the copper contacts which may result in poor electrical contacts. Hold the print heads by its side and insert them holding it upwards in the respective slot.
Then again push down the blue latch, close the ink cartridge access door and printer exterior door. For better print quality print an alignment page and scan the page to align the print heads for optimize printing.
And to prevent the print head from drying out always press the power button to turn off the printer and wait for the power light to go off. Finally make sure to insert the print heads to the appropriate slot matching the color and always check the ink levels before starting the print job.
123.hp.com/setup 412 - Downloading and Installing HP printer
We are going to use HP easy start application. It is an automated application used to download and install the printer software.
- Turn on the printer. Use a USB cable less than 3 m.
- Don’t use dock station or USB hub directly connect to the printer and the computer.
- Only connect the USB cable when the software prompts you to do so.
- Before starting the setup process, in your PC search for devices in windows.
- Go to Devices and Printers. And remove the extra printer by right click on the printer icon and click Remove device them.
Steps to install the driver setup process
Initially remove any USB cable connected to the printer. Then turn on your printer. Now in your PC go to the browser and enter 123.hp.com/setup 412 or 123.hp.com/IT412. And in the Install printer software page click the download button. The HP Easy Start gets downloaded in your computer.
Now open the downloaded file. The file gets extorted and began to launch in your system. In the following page read the service agreement and enable the check box. In the printer found page, if you see your printer name click continue.
If not click my printer is not shown button and visit 123.hp.com/IT412 for further troubleshooting steps. Then the HP Easy Start searches for available software and driver then list them in the following page.
Next choose full software and driver option, click continue. The software gets downloads in your system and setup get transferred to your printer. Finally follow the onscreen instruction to finish the setup process. Connect the USB cable when it’s needed and remove that once the setup gets completed.
Steps to set up 123.hp.com/setup 412 print with black ink alone
For OS X and mac OS
- First download the printer software from 123.hp.com/setup 412 . Initially check if all the ink tanks having sufficient ink levels to prevent any damage to the printer.
- Don’t overfill the ink tank too which cause the ink spillage and also mixing of ink from the other tanks. Then from the file menu choose Print then set the print options. And incase if you don’t see the print dialog, click Show Details.
- Then from the pop up choose paper type or paper quality. And choose Gray scale from the color pop up menu. And click Print. For more information and quick printer solution visit 123.hp.com/setup 412 or you can contact the HP manufacturer toll free number.
- After downloading the printer software from 123.hp.com/setup 412 or 123.hp.com/IT412 choose print. And make sure you printer name selected. Then open the properties dialogue box.
- It may be in the name of Printer Setup, Options, Properties, Preferences, Printer and Printer Properties depending on your OS. In case of Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 8 choose paper or quality tab. Then under Print in Gray scale choose Black ink only from the list. And click OK.
- In case of Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP choose Layout or paper/quality tab. Then click the advanced button and open the advanced options. After that from the print in gray scale drop down list choose Black ink only and click OK
How to maintain proper ink levels in 123.hp.com/setup 412 printer?
Basically don’t disturb or open the print head unless you are installing a new print head or moving your printer from home or office. Additionally you should always maintain the proper ink levels in the ink tank for better print quality.
Initially always match the perfect ink color with the ink tank from HP genuine ink. Then if you don’t use the original HP ink and got any damage warranty won’t cover your printer.
You can use the ink level markings on the ink tank t properly fill the ink. And don’t do print job with low ink level and at the same time don’t overfill the ink tank.
123.hp.com/setup 412 believes in providing quality content to the readers regarding the technical issues in printers. We are third party service providers and don’t support or supply any HP products. The information expressed herein is for general purpose only and have no bond with HP printers.